***If you are looking for your CoVID -19 test results and have not received it from Quest, Labcorp or StarLabs, please email us at [email protected]***
Our centers currently offer the following COVID-19 tests:
PCR nasal swab
- Turnaround time: 2-3 days
- If you are not experiencing any fever or cough, you can walk in without appointments at any of our centers.
- If you are experiencing any fever or cough, but if you are fully vaccinated, you may also walk in at your convenience to any of our centers. Otherwise please schedule a virtual visit first for a pre-screening video call and you will then be directed to our designated expedited testing center.
Rapid nasal swab antigen test
- Turnaround time: 1-2 hours, depending on volume at testing center. No appointments necessary.
- We use the BD Veritor System for rapid detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigens and the Access Bio CareStart COVID-19 Antigen test. Both tests have been authorized by the FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization.
COVID-19 IgG antibody blood test
- Turnaround time: average 48 hours, no appointments needed
Please note: If you are visiting us for a non COVID-19 injury or illness, you cannot receive a COVID-19 test during the same visit.
Should I Get Tested for Coronavirus?
Many people who get the Coronavirus only develop minor symptoms, or in some cases never show symptoms at all. We are currently offering pre-screening for Coronavirus testing for patients who believe they are experiencing symptoms associated with the disease. These symptoms can resemble cold or respiratory illness effects and include:
- Mild to severe fever
- Shortness of breath
These symptoms typically begin anywhere from a day or two all the way up to 14 days after initial exposure. Many of the patients that have had severe complications from the virus also have pneumonia in both lungs.
While our Coronavirus testing will determine whether you currently have the disease, we also offer Coronavirus antibody testing that can determine whether you ever have ever been infected. This is critically important because so many cases never show symptoms, and is necessary to clear people to go back to work and reopen their businesses.
When Should I Seek Medical Attention for Coronavirus?
The CDC advises that if you develop any emergency signs of COVID-19, you should seek medical attention immediately. These symptoms include:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
Call 911 if you are experiencing these symptoms. Notify the operator that you believe you have COVID-19 and put on a face covering before health arrives.
Will My Insurance Cover Coronavirus Testing?
Per the CARES Act, most insurances have announced that they will cover the full cost of any testing or treatment for COVID-19. However, please contact your individual plan to verify coverage for any COVID-19 testing. Any inquiries regarding lab bills should be directed to the lab.
If you are coming to our center for asymptomatic COVID-19 testing for clearance for work, travel, school or other activities, please contact your insurance plan to confirm they will cover the cost of your visit and testing. Some insurance plans may deny or apply cost sharing (copays, coinsurance or deductibles) to COVID-19 related claims as guidelines under the CARES Act are updated.
What If I Do Not Have Insurance?
We participate in the uninsured program set up by the Cares Act and submit COVID testing and treatment claims to this fund. Please bring a valid state-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, or a social security card with you so we can submit a claim on your behalf.
If you do not have a valid state-issued ID or social security number, the self pay fees are as follows:
PCR Test: $120 for office visit, lab fees will be billed separately by our lab partners.
Rapid COVID Antigen Test: $120 for office visit + $25 for the rapid test
Antibody Test: $120 for office visit. Lab fees will be billed separately by the lab.
Do I need a doctor’s referral to be tested for COVID-19?
No, you do not need a referral to be tested at any of our locations.
AM/PM Clinic Locations
If you’d prefer to visit one of AM/PM Walk-In Urgent Care’s clinics throughout New Jersey, we have offices in the follow locations: