AM/PM Walk In Urgent Care is now offering our telemed services to all our patients so you can access our care from the convenience of your home. Adults and children over the age of 3 months can be seen for any medical concerns and to be pre-screened for Coronavirus testing and Coronavirus antibody testing.
***If you do not have any insurance coverage, please note COVID 19 related diagnostic and antibody testing will be free.***
At this time, the following insurance payers are covering telehealth visits and waiving any cost-sharing obligations for their members for COVID 19 related diagnostic and antibody testing:
- Aetna Better Health of NJ
- Emblem Health
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Horizon NJ Health
- Create Health Plans
- United Health Care and Oxford
- Wellcare, NJ
Patients with these insurance can scan their insurance cards for processing. For all other patients, the virtual visit consult fee will be $50.
If a provider determines that you should get testing for coronavirus, there will be an additional $25 test fee for self pay patients and for those with insurances not listed above.
We use encrypted, HIPAA-compliant technology to enable your virtual visit. No need to download any app or software, you can simply connect with us using your web browser.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Benefits of Telemed Services
Urgent care medicine has grown out of the frustration people feel at long waits in the emergency room, or the difficulty in securing an appointment on short notice with their primary care doctor. The rise in urgent care centers took off in the mid 1990s and continues to this day. Immediate access to healthcare is a necessity, so it makes sense that telemedicine would be the next logical step for urgent care locations, making diagnosing and treating patients even easier than before. There’s no need to even leave your home.
Telemed services support efforts to significantly improve the quality of healthcare by increasing accessibility and efficiency through reducing the need to travel, providing clinical support, overcoming geographic barriers, offering various types of communication devices, and improving patient outcomes. These are just some of the benefits that telemed services bring to patients:
- No cost for time or transportation – When you speak to a doctor on your computer or mobile device, you eliminate the need to spend money on gas or public transportation.
- No need to take time off work – With an in person visit, you need to schedule around your work. With telemed services, you can simply speak to a doctor while you’re on a break. No need to waste your paid time off going to a physical location.
- Don’t have to worry about child or elder care – For those with responsibilities such as caring for children or elder family members, telemed services eliminate the need to find someone to take care of them while you go for your urgent care visit.
- No exposure to other sick people – When you’re visiting an urgent care center, there are going to be other sick people in the building. While medical locations often sanitize very well, you are still opening yourself up to catching what someone else has. Telemed services allow you to get the care your need without exposing yourself to illness or from passing your illness on to others.
- Spend less time waiting – If you choose a video visit via telemedicine technology, you’ll eliminate all that time spent waiting. You can spend your time doing whatever you need to do until your appointment arrives.
Problems That Can be Addressed Via Telemed Services
Some health issues require that a patient meet with a doctor in person, but there are plenty of conditions that can be diagnosed and addressed through telemedicine technology. Some of the conditions that telemed services are well suited for dealing with include:
- Respiratory conditions – These conditions include colds, flu, seasonal allergies and cough. These can generally be diagnosed and treated effectively via telemed.
- Ear, nose, and throat ailments – Problems that involve the ear, nose, and throat (sinus issues, ear ache, sore throat) are typical candidates when it comes to telemed care.
- Skin conditions – Insect bites, rashes, and skin infections can be effectively diagnosed and treated with telemedicine.
- A variety of non-emergency conditions – Medical complaints such as conjunctivitis, upset stomach, diarrhea, urinary tract infections, and urgent medication refills can be addressed via telemed services.
Patients with chest pain, unstable vitals, bleeding, trauma or other emergency conditions should not be treated via telemedicine. If you are suffering from any of these conditions, you should visit the emergency room right away.
Is Telemed Technology Easy to Use For Patients?
Some patients may be hesitant to try telemed services because they are unfamiliar with how it works. Fortunately, telemed technology is not any more difficult to use than many of the apps found on smartphones today. It can also be done on a personal computer, tablet, or smartphone so everyone should have a way to implement telemedicine technology in their home or at their place of work. At AM/PM, all your need is a web browser to utilize our telemed services.
AM/PM Clinic Locations
If you’d prefer to visit one of AM/PM Walk-In Urgent Care’s clinics throughout New Jersey, we have offices in the follow locations:
- AM/PM Walk-In Urgent Care North Bergen NJ
- AM/PM Walk-In Urgent Care Bergenfield NJ
- AM/PM Walk-In Urgent Care Cliffside Park NJ
Learn more about our Urgent Care Services.