Walk-in Workers Comp Urgent Care Clinic With Convenient NJ Locations
AM/PM Walk-In Urgent Care works with businesses to provide high-quality care for employees who get hurt on the job and replaces the need to visit the emergency room. Our walk-in services allow us to diagnose and treat injuries quickly and efficiently in a friendly environment made up of experienced medical professionals. We have convenient locations in Bergenfield, North Bergen, Cliffside Park, and Norwood, open 7 days a week. No appointment is needed.
If an employee sustains a life-threatening injury, the emergency room is where they should go right away. However, in any other scenario, our urgent care will be able to assess health and injury situations and you won’t have to deal with long waits that often occur in the ER. A relationship between a business and urgent care can take away a lot of the headache that comes with worker’s compensation and workplace injury treatment.
Most Common Workers Compensation Injuries
While there are all sorts of injuries that can occur while at work, there are a few that we deal with frequently. The most common workers’ compensation injuries include:
- Lacerations – Deep cuts or tears in flesh or skin. This is common because lacerations can happen to workers in nearly any industry. They are especially frequent in restaurants and other food preparation jobs. Manufacturing and machine shops also see an especially high amount of lacerations.
- Sprains and strains – A sprain is a stretched or torn ligament, while a strain is a stretched or torn muscle or tendon. Again, this can occur at any job, as tripping and falling can happen anywhere. Even jobs with no physical labor can lead to sprains and strains with something as simple as using the stairs.
- Contusions – More commonly called bruises, contusions are from injuries under the skin where the blood is trapped under the surface. This will typically result in a purple or blue color under the skin. This happens frequently in industries that require moving or dealing with heavy objects.
- Burns – Injuries to tissues caused by heat, chemicals, electricity, steam, sunlight, or radiation
- Eye Injuries – Eye protection should be worn in settings where there is an increased likelihood of chemical, environmental, and radiological hazards or mechanical irritants. In spite of these eye protection guidelines, eye injuries are common.
Keeping Costs Low
AM/PM understands the complicated nature of workplace injury cases. You want to keep your employees in good health and treat injuries when they occur, but you also don’t want to be bled dry by medical costs. Going to the ER when it isn’t necessary is a guaranteed way to pay more than necessary for treatment.
AM/PM specializes in treating a wide variety of injuries and illnesses. Whether it’s bone breaks, stress fractures, joint pain, sore backs, or anything in between, AM/PM’s experienced staff will get your employees out of pain and in a comprehensive recovery program to get them back on their feet as soon as possible. A list of some of the things AM/PM treats includes:
Managing workers’ comp shouldn’t be any more painful than the injury that started it all. Our workers comp urgent care centers can help keep down costs while getting your employees back on their feet.
Workers Compensation Employer Procedures
If an employer gets notified about an accident, they should report it to their workers’ comp insurer and file a First Report of Injury with the New Jersey Division of Workers’ Compensation.
Occupational Medical Services
On top of helping businesses deal with workplace injury situations, we also offer other services for employees including:
- DOT Physicals
- Employer drug testing
- Insurance physicals
- Pre-employment testing
Why You Should Choose AM/PM for Workers Compensation Urgent Care
We understand that injury and illness can happen at inconvenient times and AM/PM Walk-In Urgent Care Clinic is proud to be your affordable neighborhood, walk-in immediate care clinic. That is why we offer extended-hour care including late-night, weekend, and holiday hours. No appointment is needed, just walk into one of our convenient locations in Bergenfield, Cliffside Park, Norwood, and North Bergen New Jersey.
We accept most major health insurance plans and offer reasonable self-pay options for uninsured patients.